Discover top guides, trends, tips and expertise from AIO Writers
Best PPC Platforms to Drive Sales & Build a Brand
John PrattFriday, 1st Dec 2023
Julia McCoy5 min read · Jan 11 2022
Marketers spend a big chunk of their budget on PPC advertising as a way to increase revenue and build a brand.
Paid ads can increase brand awareness by 80%, which explains why the interest is so high. If you want to try pay-per-click advertising, you may be wondering which are the best PPC platforms to drive sales and build a brand.
There are a lot of paid advertising options, and in this article, we will share the best PPC platforms and provide a general overview of how each works.
Table Of Contents:
- What is a PPC Ad Network?
- 1. Google Ads
- 2. Microsoft Advertising (Bing Ads)
- 3. Facebook Ads
- 4. LinkedIn Ads
- 5. Twitter Ads
- 6. YouTube Ads
- Choosing the Best PPC Advertising Network
- FAQs – The Best Platforms for PPC Ads
What is a PPC Ad Network?
Pay-per-click (PPC) ad networks allow you to place ads on their platforms. It’s a form of digital marketing where the advertiser pays the publisher every time someone clicks on their ad.
The three best PPC platforms are Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising (formerly Bing Ads), and Facebook Ads.
These PPC ad platforms allow advertisers to target users based on specific keywords or interests as well as geographical location and device type.
Other PPC ad platforms include Amazon Advertising, Yahoo Gemini, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads, Quora Ads, and Snapchat Ads.
Each PPC network has different rules regarding bidding strategies so it’s important to know how they work before investing money into different ad formats.
Now let’s look at the top paid advertising platforms serving the global PPC ad market.
1. Google Ads
One of the most effective PPC platforms, Google Ads provides a wide array of features and targeting capabilities, making it an optimal choice for businesses regardless of size.
With Google Ads, you can reach potential customers who are actively searching for products or services like yours.
Why Should You Display Ads on Google?
Google Ads allows you to display your ads where they can be seen by your target audience. You can set up your ads to appear in a certain geographic area, language preference, gadget type, time of day, and other criteria.
With Google Ads, you can monitor campaigns in real time. It provides detailed reporting so that you can track your ad performance and make adjustments as needed.
How to Set Up a Campaign on Google Ads
- Decide which goals you wish to achieve with this particular campaign such as increasing brand awareness or driving website traffic.
- Create ad groups within the campaign by grouping similar keywords. This will help keep things organized when creating ads later on.
- Set up bidding strategies depending on whether CPM (cost per thousand impressions) or CPC (cost per click) works best for your budget and goals.
- Create relevant ads with compelling copy that will attract clicks from users.
- Monitor results regularly to make sure required PPC KPI metrics are being met.
Once you have set up your campaign, it is important to monitor and optimize your Google ads based on the provided data in your account. This will help ensure that you achieve excellent ROI when you run PPC ads.
Key Takeaway: Google Ads is one of the best PPC platforms with customizable targeting options, real-time tracking capabilities, and detailed reporting.
2. Microsoft Advertising (Bing Ads)
Are Google ads too expensive for you?
One affordable alternative to pricey ad networks is Microsoft Advertising (formerly known as Bing Ads). With cheaper CPCs and access to popular sites like MSN, Yahoo, and AOL, Microsoft Advertising can be a great way for you to reach your target audience without breaking the bank.
Why Should You Display Ads on Bing?
One of the main advantages of using Microsoft Advertising is that it’s more affordable for small businesses that may not have the budget for expensive banner ads on Google’s platform.
Another advantage of using Microsoft Advertising is that you can display your ads on MSN, Yahoo, and AOL — platforms with millions of visitors per month!
Lastly, advertising with Microsoft’s PPC network gives you access to users with high-earning backgrounds — which means they are more likely to make purchases when they see your ad.
Tips for Optimizing PPC Campaigns on Bing Ads
Monitor performance regularly to ensure that you are investing in an effective PPC ad network without wasting money. Budgets are finite resources when working in a small business environment where every penny counts.
Track metrics such as impressions served versus clicks received ratio to determine whether there are changes to be made to improve the overall efficiency rate.
With automation tools like the Microsoft Advertising Editor, you don’t have to manage multiple accounts one by one and manually adjust settings every day. Automation makes the process much easier and faster, therefore freeing up valuable resources.
Now let’s explore one of the most popular platforms for PPC ads — Facebook Ads.
3. Facebook Ads
Facebook Ads is one of the biggest PPC platforms today. Facebook Ads presents a range of advantages and targeting options, making it an ideal selection for those wanting to enhance their online presence.
Why Should You Display Ads on Facebook?
One of the biggest advantages of using Facebook Ads is its detailed targeting capability. You can set parameters such as age, gender, location, interests, and activities to form custom ad groups.
You can also choose to show your ads only to people who already know you. This helps ensure that you’re reaching people who are already familiar with what you offer and may be more likely to convert into paying customers.
How to Set Up a Campaign on Facebook Ads
Launching a Facebook Ads campaign is pretty straightforward.
First, decide which type of ad objective best suits your needs – do you want more page likes? Or perhaps click-throughs?
Select ‘Create Ad’ from the main dashboard then fill out all relevant fields before clicking ‘Place Order’ at the bottom right corner.
Tips for Optimizing PPC Campaigns on Facebook Ads
- Experiment with different types of creative content such as videos, images, and carousels.
- Adjust bids based on results.
- Split-test different versions against each other.
- Refine audience targeting criteria.
- Keep track and analyze performance metrics regularly.
- Stay updated with the latest trends and changes made by Facebook.
Key Takeaway: Facebook Ads allow you to create custom audiences and optimize PPC campaigns for them through creative content and careful analysis.
4. LinkedIn Ads
LinkedIn Ads is one of the best PPC platforms targeted at professionals in specific industries or with certain job titles or skill sets.
Why Should You Display Ads on LinkedIn?
With LinkedIn Ads, you can target users based on their job title, industry, company size, and even seniority level. This enables you to craft campaigns that are finely tuned toward the appropriate people.
LinkedIn also provides detailed analytics and reporting tools. You’ll be able to see how many impressions your ads have received, what percentage of those impressions were clicked on, and which demographics responded best to your ads.
Lastly, it’s cheaper to advertise on LinkedIn than Google AdWords or Facebook Ads. This allows small businesses to place banner ads online even if they don’t have ample financial resources.
How to Set Up a Campaign on LinkedIn Ads
- Set an Objective: Decide what type of objective you want for your campaign—whether it’s driving website traffic or generating leads—and then set up a budget accordingly.
- Create Your Ad Copy and Design: Write compelling copy and create design elements that will grab the attention of potential customers.
- Choose Your Target Audience: Select all the relevant demographic criteria you want to target such as location, job title, and industry. You also have options like retargeting existing customers or excluding certain groups.
- Set Up Tracking and Measurement Tools: Before launching any campaign, it’s important to set up tracking codes that allow you to measure success (or failure). You can use this data to optimize future campaigns.
Tips for Optimizing PPC Campaigns on LinkedIn Ads
- Test different variations of content. A/B testing your headlines, images, and CTAs allows you to see which ones appeal most to your target audience.
- Monitor performance regularly. Keep a close watch over performance metrics, especially after making changes to see if they’re having a positive impact.
- Adjust bidding strategies. Depending on your goals and objectives, adjust bidding strategies to optimize ad spend and get maximum ROI.
- Leverage automation features. Take advantage of automation features offered by LinkedIn to save time and money.
- Try retargeting tactics. Capture visitors who are already familiar with your brand and then drive them back to your website.
Key Takeaway: By leveraging advanced targeting capabilities, detailed analytics & reporting tools, and automation features offered by LinkedIn Ads, businesses can create highly targeted campaigns to reach the right people at the right time while optimizing their PPC budget for maximum ROI.
5. Twitter/X Ads
Twitter/X is another powerful ad network that allows you to craft campaigns designed with the needs of your desired demographic in mind, making it easier to ensure your message reaches its intended viewers.
Why Should You Display Ads on Twitter/X?
The biggest advantage of Twitter/X is its reach — it is one of the biggest social media platforms today. Show your ads to large numbers of people with highly targeted messages. Search terms, hashtags, and other tactics guarantee that your ads are seen by those who are most likely to respond to your brand.
Set up campaigns based on specific goals such as website visits or conversions. This allows you to track progress toward achieving these goals more easily than with traditional advertising methods.
Finally, Twitter Ads offers an economical option for businesses to promote their products and services on social media platforms without exceeding their budget.
Tips for Optimizing PPC Campaigns on Twitter/X Ads
- Make sure that all images on each tweet link back correctly.
- Keep track of how well each tweet performs by tracking clicks, conversions, and engagement which will allow better decisions regarding future campaigns.
- Consider running split tests between different versions of similar tweets to identify which ones work best.
Key Takeaway: Twitter Ads offers a cost-effective way to reach millions of potential customers with targeted messages.
6. YouTube Ads
YouTube leverages the immersive nature of video content to captivate audiences worldwide. There are various ad formats, each designed to cater to different marketing objectives. From the skippable TrueView ads that provide viewers with choice and engagement to the short and snappy Bumper Ads ideal for brand awareness, YouTube Ads offer versatility.
The platform’s robust targeting options enable advertisers to pinpoint their audience based on demographics, interests, and online behaviors. This precision ensures that your video ads reach the right eyes, enhancing the overall effectiveness of your campaigns.
Why Should You Display Ads on YouTube?
In the vast digital landscape, YouTube stands out as a powerhouse for video ads, offering unparalleled reach and engagement. Here’s why you should consider displaying ads on this video platform:
- Global Audience Reach: YouTube boasts over 2 billion logged-in monthly users, presenting a massive and diverse audience for your PPC ad campaign.
- Visual Impact: Video content is naturally engaging, allowing you to convey your message more effectively than static display PPC ads.
- Targeting Options: YouTube Ads provide precise targeting, letting you reach specific demographics, interests, and even users who have interacted with your brand before.
- Cost-Effective: With various ad formats, you can choose what suits your budget, ensuring a cost-effective approach to digital advertising.
How to Set Up a Campaign on YouTube Ads
Launching a successful campaign on YouTube Ads involves careful planning and execution. Here’s a step-by-step guide to setting up your campaign:
- Create a Google Ads Account: If you don’t have one, start by creating a Google Ads account.
- Link YouTube Channel: Connect your YouTube channel to your Google Ads account for seamless ad management.
- Define Your Campaign Goals: Clearly outline your campaign objectives, whether it’s brand awareness, lead generation, or product promotion.
- Choose an Ad Format: Select an ad format that aligns with your goals – options include TrueView, Bumper Ads, and Display Ads.
- Set Targeting Parameters: Specify your audience based on demographics, interests, and behaviors to reach the right viewers.
- Budget and Bidding: Allocate a budget for your campaign and choose a bidding strategy that suits your objectives.
- Create Compelling Ad Content: Craft engaging and visually appealing content that resonates with your target audience.
Tips for Optimizing PPC Campaigns on YouTube Ads
Once your campaign is live, the journey doesn’t end there. Continuous optimization is key.
Here are some tips:
- Analyze Performance Metrics: Regularly check key metrics like click-through rates (CTR), conversion rates, and view-through rates.
- Refine Targeting: Evaluate the effectiveness of your targeting parameters and make adjustments to reach a more relevant audience.
- A/B Testing: Experiment with different mobile ads, headlines, and calls to action to identify what resonates best with your audience.
- Leverage Remarketing: Utilize remarketing to re-engage users who have interacted with your brand but haven’t converted.
- Optimize for Mobile: Given the rise in mobile ads, ensure your ads are optimized for a seamless viewing experience on various devices.
- Stay Updated with Trends: Keep abreast of new features and trends on YouTube Ads to incorporate fresh strategies into your campaigns.
Struggling to come up with ad copy that’s specifically written for the audience of each PPC ad network? Content at Scale can help. Thanks to generative AI, you can now create PPC ad copies for Google, Bing, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter/X, and YouTube from a simple prompt.
Choosing the Best PPC Advertising Network
So which are the best PPC platforms for your business? Here are some tips on what to look for in top PPC ad networks.
1. Understand Your Target Audience
Before selecting a PPC ad network, it’s important to understand who you want to target with your ads. Different networks have different demographics so make sure you select one that caters specifically to your target audience.
2. Consider Cost and Reach
Some paid advertising platforms may offer more reach but at a higher price point than others. Is a pricier platform worth the extended reach?
3. Analyze Performance Data
Look at previous campaigns and see which ad networks are working well for you. By analyzing performance data, you can determine where and how much money should be spent on each platform in the future.
4. Invest in Fraud Protection Software
Click fraud affects every paid advertising channel. To protect yourself against malicious activity, invest in click fraud protection software that filters out invalid traffic like bots, malware clicks, and malicious clickers. This ensures that only legitimate clicks are counted towards conversions and leads generated from your ads.
FAQs – Best PPC Platforms
Where can I place PPC ads?
- Google Ads.
- Microsoft Ads.
Which software is used for PPC?
To manage PPC campaigns, there are many software tools available for businesses to use. Popular software solutions include SEMRush, WordStream Advisor, Marin Software, Kenshoo Infinity Suite, Acquisio Bid Manager, and Adobe Media Optimizer.
Looking for the best PPC platforms for your brand?
Bing Ads, Google Ads, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Ads and Facebook Ads all provide excellent opportunities for improving visibility and reach. Ultimately, your choice of PPC ad network boils down to your campaign objectives and financial resources.
Don’t be afraid to explore these various platforms when considering where to place your PPC ads. With careful research and planning, you can find a platform that meets your needs while providing excellent ROI potential.
Not sure how to write copy for your PPC ads? Content at Scale now has a generative AI chatbot specialized in crafting compelling ad copy. Just choose a PPC expert among 40+ AI agents and prompt it to create tailored content for your next PPC campaign.
10x your blogging with AI. Download our free guide to learn how.
UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL
Long Headline that highlights Value Proposition of Lead Magnet
Grab a front row seat to our video masterclasses, interviews, case studies, tutorials, and guides.