Discover top guides, trends, tips and expertise from AIO Writers
How Do You Scale Content Writing and Grow Your Business?
Julia McCoyMonday, 15th May 2023
Julia McCoy5 min read · Jan 11 2022
According to Parse.ly, 77% of marketers use content to attract new customers and establish themselves as industry leaders.
But publishing fresh content day after day can zap all of your energy. In fact, finding enough time to create content is the biggest struggle for 52% of bloggers.
If creating content is already a challenge, then how do you scale content writing to grow your business?
In this blog post, we’ll explore six types of content that you can add to your strategy. Then, we’ll share a 6-step guide on how to effectively scale your content marketing process.
Table of Contents:
- 6 Types of Content You Can Scale
- What are the Key Elements of Content Writing?
- What are the Components of Good Content Writing?
- How Do You Scale Content Writing in 6 Steps?
- FAQs – How Do You Scale Content Writing?
6 Types of Content You Can Scale
There are several types of content that can be scaled, meaning that they can be produced in large quantities without compromising on quality. Here are some examples:
Listicles are articles presented in a list format, often featuring numbered or bullet points. They’re popular because they provide easily digestible information for readers who may have limited time or attention spans.
Listicles can cover any topic but should always offer valuable insights to keep readers engaged.
Here’s an example of a listicle from the Content at Scale blog: 10 Exciting Types of Blogs You Can Start Today.
In this example, the content is presented in the form of a numbered list of types of blogs, with each item providing a brief explanation and examples. This format is a common type of listicle used to convey information in an easy-to-digest and engaging way.
How-to guides teach readers how to accomplish specific tasks or solve problems step-by-step. These pieces of content demonstrate expertise on a subject matter while providing actionable advice that helps users achieve desired results.
Well-written how-to guides not only educate but also build trust between your brand and your audience.
Here’s an example of a how-to guide from the Content at Scale blog: How to Get Free Backlinks for Your Blog: 10 Proven Tips.
In this example, the content is presented as a step-by-step guide to getting free backlinks for your blog. This format is a common type of content used to teach readers how to perform a specific task or complete a project.
Educational articles aim to inform readers about particular topics by presenting well-researched facts, data, and expert opinions. These articles showcase thought leadership within an industry while helping audiences expand their knowledge base.
Here’s an example of an educational article from the Content at Scale blog: Content Personalization is Key to Unlocking Customer Loyalty.
Videos are a powerful medium for storytelling and engagement, offering visual and auditory stimulation that can hold viewers’ attention longer than text-based content. Videos can be used to demonstrate products or services, share customer testimonials, or provide educational material in an easily digestible format.
In this video, we put a human content writer to the test against Content at Scale to show how AI is becoming just as good, if not better, than humans — serving as a wake-up call for writers to continuously improve their craft.
Infographics use visuals to represent data, statistics, or complex information in a simplified manner. They’re particularly effective at breaking down complicated concepts into easy-to-understand graphics that help readers retain the information more effectively.
Here’s an example of an infographic that makes data easier to digest than writing it in text form.
Infographic from our blog post, How Much Money Can You Make Writing a Book?
Podcasts offer audio-based content that allows listeners to consume information while multitasking – whether they’re commuting to work or doing household chores. Podcasts cater to various interests and niches, making them an excellent way for brands to connect with target audiences through engaging conversations and interviews.
Incorporating these six types of content into your content creation strategy will ensure you reach a diverse audience with different preferences for consuming information. By providing valuable insights across multiple formats, you’ll establish your brand as an authoritative source within your industry while driving traffic and conversions through effective SEO tactics.
What are the Key Elements of Content Writing?
To create high-quality content that resonates with your audience, it’s crucial to understand the key elements of content writing.
- Target audience: Before you start crafting your content, identify who you’re trying to reach. Knowing your intended audience allows you to tailor your communication style to their needs.
- Purpose: Each piece of content should have a clear purpose or goal in mind. Whether it’s educating readers about a specific topic or promoting a product or service, having a well-defined objective helps guide the direction of your writing.
- Tone and voice: Your brand’s tone and voice play an essential role in connecting with your audience on an emotional level. Consistency in tone across all pieces of written communication establishes trustworthiness while also making it easier for readers to recognize your brand.
- Credibility and accuracy: Providing accurate information backed by credible sources is vital for establishing authority within any industry niche. Conduct thorough research and include relevant statistics, facts, and quotes from experts — and always make proper attributions.
- Readability and structure: Make your content easy to read by breaking it into smaller sections using headings, subheadings, bullet points, and numbered lists. This also helps search engines understand the context of your material.
- SEO: To increase visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs), optimize your content for relevant keywords without overstuffing them. Add them naturally into titles, body text, meta descriptions, and image alt tags. Additionally, include internal links to related articles on your website as well as external links to authoritative sources.
Incorporating these key elements in your content writing process will help you create engaging and informative material that resonates with readers while improving SEO performance. Remember that successful content creation requires consistency – continually producing high-quality pieces tailored to meet the needs of both users and search engines alike.
What are the Components of Good Content Writing?
Good content writing not only helps you rank higher in SERPs but also engages your audience, builds trust, and drives conversions. To create high-quality content that resonates with your target audience, consider incorporating these key components:
- Clear purpose: Before you start writing, identify the main goal of your piece. Is it to inform? Entertain? Persuade? A clear purpose will guide your choice of topics, tone, style, and structure.
- Audience-centric approach: Understand who your target audience is and what they want or need from your content. Tailor the language, format, and examples to suit their preferences and level of expertise.
- Engage headlines: Capture readers’ attention with compelling headlines that clearly convey the value proposition or main idea behind each piece of content. Use numbers (e.g., “5 Tips for…”), questions (“How Can You…”), or strong adjectives (“The Ultimate Guide to…”) to pique interest.
- Actionable insights: Offer practical advice based on research findings or real-life experiences that can help readers solve problems or make better decisions.
- Evidence-based information: Support claims with relevant data points from reputable sources such as industry reports (HubSpot’s Marketing Statistics page, for example), academic studies (Google Scholar is a great resource here), expert opinions (linking out to authoritative blogs or interviews), and case studies (either your own or from other companies).
- Logical structure: Organize content into sections with clear headings, subheadings, bullet points, and numbered lists to make it easy for readers to scan and digest the information.
- Concise language: Use simple words and short sentences to convey ideas clearly. Avoid jargon, cliches, and unnecessary adjectives that can confuse or bore readers.
- Error-free writing: Proofread your work carefully before publishing to eliminate typos, grammatical errors, inconsistencies in style (AP Stylebook is a popular choice among writers), formatting issues (like broken links), etc.
- Visual appeal: Break up large blocks of text with images (Unsplash offers free high-quality stock photos), videos (YouTube is an obvious go-to here), infographics (check out tools like Canva’s Infographic Maker), quotes in block format, etc., to keep readers engaged throughout the piece.
Remember to always prioritize quality over quantity when producing content at scale. Consistently delivering well-crafted pieces will yield better results than churning out mediocre articles just for the sake of meeting a quota.
How Do You Scale Content Writing in 6 Steps?
If you want to create engaging and effective content at scale, try to follow a structured process. This ensures your writing meets the needs of your target audience and achieves its intended purpose.
Here are six crucial steps for scaling content.
1. Break Down Your Process into Manageable Steps
Breaking down your writing process into smaller steps can help you manage your writing tasks more effectively and make the overall process less overwhelming.
Here’s a suggested breakdown of the writing process into smaller, manageable steps:
- Identify the main topic or subject of your writing piece.
- Conduct keyword research using tools like Google Keyword Planner or other SEO resources.
- Identify relevant keywords and phrases that align with your topic and target audience.
Choose a Content Format
- Consider the purpose of your writing (informative, persuasive, instructional, etc.).
- Determine the most suitable content format, such as a blog post, article, report, or presentation.
- Take into account the preferences of your target audience and the platform you’ll be publishing on.
- Create a clear and logical structure for your content.
- Start with an introduction that captures the reader’s attention.
- Organize your main points or arguments and supporting details into sections or paragraphs.
- Include transitions to ensure a smooth flow between ideas.
- Review your content for clarity, coherence, and effectiveness.
- Check sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Improve readability by eliminating unnecessary jargon or complex language.
- Ensure your content follows the appropriate tone and style guidelines.
- Determine what type of visuals can enhance your content (images, graphs, charts).
- Select relevant visuals that complement your writing and aid in understanding.
- Ensure the visuals are high-quality, appropriately cited, and aligned with your content’s purpose.
- Review the overall quality of your writing piece.
- Assess if the content meets the intended goals and objectives.
- Evaluate if the information provided is accurate, credible, and well-supported.
- Consider the coherence and consistency of your ideas throughout the piece.
- Conduct a final proofread to catch any remaining errors or typos.
- Pay attention to grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting.
- Read your content aloud to identify awkward phrasing or readability issues.
- Verify that all visual elements are correctly placed and labeled.
If you’re using an AI writing tool like Content at Scale, the app will automate most of these steps for you, particularly the research, outlining, and writing parts which are the most time-consuming. All you have to do is enter your target keyword and wait a few minutes to edit the first draft generated by AI.
2. Create an Editorial Calendar
A content calendar helps you streamline your content creation process, maintain consistency, and enhance collaboration. It serves as a valuable tool for planning, organizing, and evaluating your content efforts, ultimately leading to more effective and impactful content marketing.
3. Make a Long-Term Plan
Planning your content schedule for the next 6-8 months enables you to align your content with your overall business goals, marketing campaigns, product launches, or seasonal events.
Mapping out your content schedule in advance also helps ensure that you consistently provide valuable and engaging content to your audience.
Most importantly, planning ahead gives you a clear overview of upcoming content deadlines and helps you allocate your resources effectively. You can schedule content creation, editing, and promotion tasks in a way that maximizes productivity and minimizes last-minute stress.
Be sure to leave room for flexibility. The content landscape may evolve, new opportunities may arise, or unexpected events may occur. Having a long-term schedule allows you to adjust and adapt your content strategy as needed while still maintaining an overall roadmap.
4. Build Your Content Team
If you’re going to scale content marketing, a one-man show won’t do. Eventually, you WILL need to hire writers.
Most people would simply hire a freelance writer because it’s easy: just post a job on Upwork and get someone who can compose good sentences in English.
Unfortunately, that is the reason why 99% of online content is hot garbage.
Instead of hiring random freelancers, look for specialists with first-hand knowledge of your niche.
And if you’re producing content with AI, be sure to hire an AIO writer who is familiar with how AI tools work.
5. Automate Your Writing Process
The most important part of scaling is automating your writing process. AI tools like Content at Scale can write thousands of words in minutes — speed and volume that no human can match no matter how many writers you hire.
With Content at Scale, you get a complete publishing package that includes:
- Topic research: The app crawls the top of Google to find relevant information that matches your target keyword.
- Blog outlining: Content at Scale automatically writes a blog post outline which you can rearrange or modify to your liking.
- First draft: You get a baseline draft of 700-3,000+ words within minutes — complete with title, meta description, URL slug, introduction, headers, key takeaways, table of contents, and a conclusion with customizable CTA.
- SEO: The dashboard includes an SEO checklist to help you add secondary keywords, images, and other elements to improve your SEO score.
- Plagiarism scanner and AI detector: These tools come with the app so you don’t have to pay for a separate software.
- Auto publisher: Content at Scale takes care of the publishing, too, through its WordPress plugin that automatically syncs your AI-generated, human-edited content to your WordPress blog or website.
6. Repurpose Your Content
Repurposing content is a highly effective strategy for scaling content creation. Here’s how it can help:
- Maximize content reach: Repurposing allows you to extend the reach of your content across different platforms and formats. By adapting existing content into various formats such as blog posts, social media posts, videos, infographics, podcasts, or presentations, you can reach new audiences and engage with different segments of your target audience.
- Save time and resources: Instead of starting from scratch, you can repurpose and repackage content that has performed well in the past. This allows you to create new content faster while maintaining a consistent publishing schedule.
- Cater to different content consumption styles: People consume content in different ways — some like to read while others prefer visual or auditory formats. By repurposing content, you accommodate different preferences and make your content more accessible and engaging for a broader audience.
- Reinforce key messages: By presenting the same information in different formats, you reinforce important concepts and make them more memorable. This helps solidify your brand messaging and ensures consistency across different channels.
- Expand content distribution: You can share repurposed content on social media, guest blog on relevant platforms, contribute to industry publications, or republish content on different websites. This widens your content’s visibility and increases the likelihood of reaching new audiences.
- Boost SEO and traffic: By creating different formats of content around a specific topic, you can target different keywords and capture a wider range of search queries. This helps improve your organic search visibility, attract more traffic, and increase your website’s overall authority.
By repurposing content, you can maximize the value of your existing assets, reach a wider audience, save time and resources, and maintain a consistent flow of high-quality content. It’s an efficient and effective way to scale your content creation efforts while driving better results.
Content at Scale recently launched its 2.0 version which now includes options for repurposing content. If you have a blog article, YouTube video, or podcast episode that’s been doing well, simply input their URL into Content at Scale to generate fresh content for new audiences.
If you’re looking to scale content with minimal effort — and resources — then it’s time to embrace automation and AIO. Content at Scale can help you scale this entire process efficiently so you can focus on growing your business.
Free Resources to Train Your Writers into AIO
I’ve been personally training agency owners and teams and helping them convert to the AIO way. Want these? You’re in luck – we’re giving them away.
First, I wrote a full guide – a writer’s worksprint, links to our best tutorials and training, and even a job description template if you want to find an AIO writer.
Want this incredible resource? It’s called the AIO Writer’s Worksprint. Download now for free.
Free Step-by-Step AIO CRAFT Writer’s Training Course
Additionally, after months of putting AIO and C.R.A.F.T. into action (over 40M words are produced each month by our users at Content at Scale, and our Done-for-You client side is another 500,000 words/month! Talk about AIO at scale 🤯 ) – we put together a step-by-step AIO C.R.A.F.T. tutorial.
Ideal for you, your writers, and any content creator ready to adapt to the CRAFT methodology and the AIO way.
New to the idea of AIO and CRAFT? Read this to understand the innovation behind AIO.
Want a written guide that has all the CRAFT steps from the YouTube video? Your wish is our content command. Step-by-step AIO writing tutorial, blog version.
FAQs – How Do You Scale Content Writing?
What are the 3 Cs of content writing?
To write effectively, it is important to keep in mind the 3 Cs: Clarity, Conciseness, and Consistency. By focusing on these three aspects, you can improve your writing significantly.
What are the 5 Cs of content writing?
What are the 4 pillars of content writing?
- The client.
- The research.
- The experts,
- The writing.
How do you know if you are a good writer?
Here are 5 signs that you’re probably a good writer:
- You have a good imagination.
- You’re open to learning.
- You’re always asked to write things for other people.
- Writing gives you clarity.
- You read voraciously.
Scaling content writing through automation can greatly increase the productivity and efficiency of a content team. By using AI-powered writing tools like Content at Scale, you can produce more quality content in less time.
However, it is important to strike a balance between automation and human creativity to maintain the authenticity and value of your content.
Remember: always prioritize quality over quantity when scaling your content writing efforts. A dozen high-quality posts can deliver far better results than a hundred hastily composed mashups.
Scale your traffic to infinite proportions with AI content.
UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL
Long Headline that highlights Value Proposition of Lead Magnet
Grab a front row seat to our video masterclasses, interviews, case studies, tutorials, and guides.