Consumers are bombarded with thousands of ads daily. In fact, a 2017 study revealed that most Americans are exposed to 4,000 to 10,000 ads each day.
No wonder people hate ads.
As a marketer or entrepreneur, how do you reach your intended audience without traditional ads?
The best way to do this is by engaging with your customers organically.
Content marketing is based on the principle that trust is a more powerful sales tool than the hard sell of an aggressive advertising approach.
To earn trust, you must provide your customer with something of value — material that solves a problem, fulfills a need, educates or even entertains. This material is what we call content.
In this blog post, we’ll give you the low-down on Shopify content essentials, from building trust with engaging content to optimizing images for better rankings.
Table of Contents:
- The Role of Content Marketing in Shopify
- 10 Shopify Content Essentials for Your Store
- Create Content for Your Audience
- Best Types of Content for Shopify Stores
- How to Write Great Product Descriptions
The Role of Content Marketing in Shopify
Shopify is a powerhouse for online businesses, and content marketing is the secret sauce that makes it all work.
Selling on Shopify is not just about offering goods — it’s about constructing an engaging narrative around your company and the products or services you provide.
Content marketing can be used to generate trust, demonstrate authority, and cultivate a devoted group of customers.
Here are some of the reasons why you need Shopify content essentials.
The first reason that content marketing is essential for your Shopify store is that it helps you attract target customers. By creating valuable blog posts, social media updates, email newsletters, and other types of content that are relevant to your target audience’s interests and needs, you can draw them in and encourage them to engage with your brand.
Effective content marketing can also help retain existing customers by keeping them engaged with fresh ideas about how they can use your products or services in new ways.
Another major benefit of investing in Shopify content essentials is their potential to increase sales. When the right message reaches the right people at the right time, it can drive conversions more effectively than traditional advertising methods like banner ads or pop-ups.
Improve Brand Awareness and User Experience (UX)
Beyond driving traffic and increasing sales, content marketing can also help you build brand awareness and improve user experience (UX). By providing valuable information that your customers find useful or entertaining, you’re establishing yourself as a trusted authority in your industry. This builds trust with potential buyers who may be on the fence about making a purchase.
Additionally, creating helpful product descriptions and guides helps users understand how to use products better, which improves their overall experience with your store.
10 Shopify Content Essentials for Your Store
Here are 10 Shopify content essentials that can help you effectively promote your online store and engage with your target audience:
- Product Descriptions: Write compelling and informative descriptions for your products, highlighting their features, benefits, and unique selling points.
- About Us Page: Create an engaging “About Us” page that tells your brand story, showcases your mission, and builds trust with your customers.
- Homepage: Craft a visually appealing and concise homepage that grabs visitors’ attention, showcases your best-selling products, and includes a clear call-to-action.
- Blog Posts: Regularly publish informative and relevant blog posts that provide value to your target audience. This can include product guides, industry insights, how-to articles, and more.
- Customer Reviews and Testimonials: Display customer reviews and testimonials on your product pages to build trust and social proof.
- FAQs: Create a comprehensive FAQ page that addresses common customer questions and concerns, reducing the need for direct customer support and enhancing the shopping experience.
- Email Marketing Campaigns: Develop engaging email content to promote new products, offer discounts, share updates, and nurture customer relationships.
- Social Media Content: Share visually appealing and engaging content on your social media platforms to drive traffic to your Shopify store. This can include product photos, videos, user-generated content, and behind-the-scenes glimpses.
- Landing Pages: Design effective landing pages to promote specific products, sales, or events. These pages should have a clear and compelling message, enticing visitors to take action.
- Videos and Tutorials: Create informative product videos, tutorials, or demos that showcase your products in action and provide guidance to customers. These can be shared on your website, social media, and YouTube.
Remember, consistently creating high-quality and engaging Shopify content essentials is key to attracting customers, building brand loyalty, and driving sales for your store.
Elements of a compelling landing page for Shopify
Create Content for Your Audience
Mastering Shopify content essentials is not about showing off your writing skills. It’s about understanding your audience and tailoring your message for them.
Imagine your reader as a specific person — this is where buyer personas come into play. They help you understand your customer’s needs and guide you in creating content that speaks directly to them.
Don’t shy away from long-form content. Contrary to popular belief, people do read long articles if they’re engaging and informative. In fact, studies show that longer posts tend to rank higher on search engines.
This approach not only increases customer satisfaction but also reduces pressure on your customer service team because most queries are already answered within the content itself.
If you’re struggling to produce long-form content day in and day out, then Content at Scale is the answer. This AI-driven publishing tool helps you generate a 3,000-word blog post in under 5 minutes! Learn more about how it can help you create and scale your content.
Best Types of Content for Shopify Stores
Content marketing is a crucial aspect of any e-commerce business, and Shopify stores are no exception. With the right content strategy in place, you can attract more customers to your store, increase sales, and build brand awareness.
What types of content should you add to your Shopify store?
Your product descriptions should be detailed and informative while also being easy to read. Use language that speaks directly to your target customer and highlights the benefits of each product. Including high-quality images or videos can also help customers visualize what they’re buying.
Here’s an example of an effective product description from Shopify.
Next to videos and ebooks, blogs are the third most common type of content in marketing. Creating content not only increases the visibility of your Shopify store but also enhances trust and credibility with both prospective and existing customers.
You can create blog articles that answer FAQs relating to a specific topic in your niche. For example, “Ways to prevent burnout.”
Be sure to optimize your blog posts for SEO by including relevant keywords and meta descriptions. To keep your optimization steps consistent from post to post, consider creating an SEO content template to follow.
There are several benefits to adding video content to ecommerce stores.
Videos can provide a more immersive experience for users than text or images alone. They allow customers to see products in action and get a better sense of their features and benefits.
According to research, adding videos to product pages can increase sales by up to 144%. This is because videos help build trust with potential customers and give them the information they need to make informed purchasing decisions.
Videos are also highly shareable on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. By creating engaging video content that showcases your products or brand, you can reach new audiences and generate buzz around your business.
You can shoot product demos, customer testimonials, and how-to guides to showcase how your product has helped others. You should also consider working with influencers who specialize in unboxing videos which have become super popular on YouTube.
Social Media Posts
Social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest provide excellent opportunities for showcasing products visually while engaging with followers. Make sure your posts are consistent in tone and style across all channels and include calls to action encouraging users to visit your store or make a purchase.
Email marketing is a powerful tool for reaching out to potential customers as well as keeping existing ones engaged with your brand. Consider offering exclusive discounts or promotions through email newsletters to incentivize subscribers into making purchases.
Here’s an example of a well-designed email newsletter from Shopify.
If you’re looking for new ways to attract customers and increase sales on your Shopify store, consider adding a podcast. A podcast can be an effective marketing channel that helps you connect with your target audience, build brand awareness, and ultimately drive more traffic to your store.
You can also use podcasts as part of a subscription plan or email newsletter strategy. Offer exclusive content only available through the podcast in exchange for signing up for your email list or subscribing to receive updates from your Shopify store.
How to Write Great Product Descriptions
One of the most important elements of a Shopify store is the product description. A well-written product description not only helps attract customers and increase sales but also improves search engine ranking.
Know Your Target Customers
The first step in creating excellent product descriptions is knowing who your target customers are. Understanding their needs, preferences, and pain points can help you tailor your messaging accordingly. Researching customer demographics like age range, gender identity, or interests can give insight into what language resonates with them best.
Highlight Key Benefits
Your potential customers want to know what your product can do for them. Highlighting key benefits such as comfort or durability to convince buyers why they should purchase your product or service over other options.
An effective product description example via Mollyjogger
Tell a Story
A story sells better than just a bullet list of features. Storytelling allows you to connect emotionally with your audience as you share how your products could make their lives easier or more enjoyable. Use creative words that describe experiences instead of adjectives so readers can visualize them using your products.
Make it Scannable
Your product descriptions should be easy to scan, so visitors can quickly find the information they need. Use subheadings and short paragraphs that are no more than 2-3 sentences long. Bold or italicize important keywords and phrases and use larger font sizes for key details like price points or unique selling propositions (USPs).
In today’s competitive e-commerce landscape, having a visually appealing online store and quality products is just the beginning. To truly stand out and succeed, you need to invest in creating compelling content that engages your target audience, builds trust, and drives sales.
We have listed some Shopify content essentials that can help you effectively promote your online store and captivate your customers.
- From crafting enticing product descriptions to writing long-form blog posts, you can establish your expertise, attract organic traffic, and keep your audience informed.
- Customer reviews and testimonials offer social proof, assuring potential buyers of the quality and reliability of your products.
- Meanwhile, creating a comprehensive FAQ page helps address common customer questions and concerns, offering a seamless shopping experience.
- Running email marketing campaigns allows you to connect with customers directly, promote new products, provide updates, and nurture relationships.
- On social media, you can drive more traffic to your Shopify store by sharing visually appealing images, videos, and user-generated content, and engaging with your audience directly.
- Lastly, producing videos to showcase your products in action and provide guidance demonstrates your commitment to customer satisfaction. Whether it’s a product demo or a step-by-step tutorial, these visual aids can significantly influence purchase decisions.
By implementing these Shopify content essentials on different marketing channels, you can create a compelling and immersive online shopping experience for your customers. Consistency in producing high-quality content will help you attract and retain customers, build brand loyalty, and ultimately drive sales for your Shopify store.